chcvending
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Blackpool, Preston Chorley
Machines Used: Pringles , tubz vending
Referred by?: Google search

Re: national contracts

Post by chcvending »

This looks like a great idea, from my understanding, a lot of pub groups such as Punch Taverns operate on both a regional and national basis. In this respect there could be regional differences in terms and conditions.

T&c`s would need going over with a fine tooth comb by everyone taking part.

My personal preference is to deal one on one with small independents, this way if you lose one site you dont lose em all. I understand and agree with glennborthwick and to that end I would not buy machines to fulfill a specific LARGE contract but in reality this idea is basically a possible thousand small franchises having a little slice of the national pie so no large individual risks or liabilities (in theory)
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

I can't understand as i would have thought national contracts sign a contract . Minimum term etc
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
chcvending

Post by chcvending »

National Vending wrote:I can't understand as i would have thought national contracts sign a contract . Minimum term etc
Dealing with large organisations with legal teams who tend to draw up contracts is nearly always going to be a risk.

There will be all sorts of get out clauses (specifically for the benefit of the brewery / chain) and if they choose to enforce their "contractual rights" to the letter a simple omission / mistake on the part of one operator ( dont forget we are talking about individual operators and not one big operator) could lead to the contract being cancelled for everyone.

I know some of the breweries I used to deal with at Crown Leisure would not even clean the machines. We had to visit and clean them regularly... the collectors did this as well as us engineers/ installers.

So something as petty and simple not wiping a machine down could effectively breach contract on our part.

The trick is to band together on larger purchases to get a better price. This way we can offer a better commission in return for a guaranteed fixed term.

I have several contacts at Thwaites and Punch Taverns. I will send some feeler emails off to see what response I can get from them. I like Help for Heroes ... top charity and a great cause but I think local charities to the venues would be more local friendly.

I`ve just got one of the Directors of Chorley FM to approach the board with a view to putting a machine in there. I have many contacts in the Media business (mainly Radio) and through the day these are busy places.

I will contact GMG with regards to suppying machines to their stations nationwide and see whar response I get. GMG run Real Radio (formerly Century)
and smooth radio.
Last edited by chcvending on January 28th, 2012, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Purchasing groups would maybe be wiser. 10 members ordering x number of machines. 10-15% discount.
chcvending

Post by chcvending »

I understand there are large and small operators on here ... also like myself "micro" operators...
Teaming up with other members to get better prices on stock and machines really appeals to me. I simply cannot consider ordering a pallett of anything at the moment.

Slow and steady growth is what Im aiming for. I doubt I could invest in lots of new machines to fulfil any contract until I had gone over the terms and wording with a fine tooth comb.. Im sure many of you agree :shock: :shock:
dorsetvending

Post by dorsetvending »

Like Glenn I was caught in the little chef debacle and it left me a little sore, although we filled our boots for a while.
sadler2886
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: wv,dy,ws
Machines Used: tower
Referred by?: internet

Post by sadler2886 »

A buyers group is def something I would like to di aswell as I've got enough mcs out to warrant a pallet order but just don't have the cashflow to purchase a pallet of stock up front so would be good if I could team up wiv somebody to order a pallet of stock as I know I could get a good deal with tubz vending by ordering a pallet. If anybody is interested in purchasing some tubz vending stock wiv me let me know.

Regards
Rich
dorsetvending

Post by dorsetvending »

Rich if u wanna try sweet fix will go in with you lol
chcvending

Post by chcvending »

Im stiill waiting for the sweetfix site or an email with a price list :( 10 boxes is too much for me at the min ... only have a couple of sweets vendors , rest are pringles.

I would like to chip in on a pallett ... are there any members up here in the Red Rose County ?
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

To be a big player, now that there are so many big organisations with big machine contracts, you will need a lot of cast to start up and compete with them. Millions, I would say. It is a disaster waiting to happen, so I am out.

Thanks,

Paul